Europe is struggling with a virulent illness: childhood obesity. According to the WHO, one in three 11-yr-olds in the European repute are chubby or chubby.
Day One of FoodNavigator’s 2021 broadcast summit, Certain Vitamin, will comprise two-hours of notify material centered on Toddler & Childhood Vitamin. Going continue to exist the 22 March, this session will request what ‘just’ toddler and childhood nutrition looks to be to be like cherish and the way wholesome ingesting would possibly well perhaps also be promoted.
We can profile innovation ideas to attain wholesome youngsters’ food more accessible, cheap and appetising – apart from asking what adjustments are wanted to defuse the general public health ticking time bomb of childhood obesity.
Tournament: Certain Vitamin: Toddler & Childhood
Date: 22 March 2021
Time: 14.00 – 16.00 GMT (15.00 – 17.00 CET)
PRESENTATION ONE: How early lifestyles nutrition influences health for a lifetime
Hear from Zoë Ellis, Head of Particular person Medical Affairs at Danone Specialised Vitamin, as she takes us thru the importance of the considerable 1000 days, a compulsory developmental period that will perhaps affect health outcomes for a lifetime. This session will learn about the role and science in the aid of nutrition in early lifestyles and its importance in constructing a wholesome gut and immune gadget.
PRESENTATION TWO: Inspirational marketing and marketing and marketing for wholesome youngsters food
Dan Parker, CEO at Veg Vitality, will discuss how the energy of marketing and marketing and marketing would possibly well perhaps also be inclined to procure youngsters to indulge in their greens. With over 25 years of marketing and marketing journey, Parker will discuss explore the the perception, strategic and artistic thinking wanted to market wholesome foods to youngsters. He’ll procedure on the journey of Veg Vitality, a non-profit that is most attention-grabbing acknowledged for ‘Eat Them to Defeat Them’, a campaign that reached into the homes of 40m of us in 2019.
PANEL: Turning the tide on childhood obesity
FoodNavigator editor Katy Askew can be joined by an expert panel, who will unpick ideas to flip the tide on the childhood obesity crisis. We’ll be asking:
- What are the drivers of childhood obesity?
- Why indulge in we viewed a shift in diets against energy dense (most incessantly HFSS) f&b which might perhaps perhaps be most incessantly low in dietary vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients?
- What role / accountability does the food substitute indulge in in addressing childhood obesity?
- How can innovation and reformulation beef up health outcomes and compete with HFSS products?
- Are voluntary efforts on labelling and marketing and marketing and marketing effective?
- What role would possibly well perhaps quiet regulators pay?
- Are ‘junk food’ and sugar taxes effective?
- What does just childhood nutrition look cherish – and the way can stakeholders at a host of phases make contributions to driving down childhood obesity charges?
The 45-minute panel can be adopted by a 20 minute Q&A, where you’ll procure the different to indulge in your issue.
Our expert panel entails:
- Kathy La Macchia, Head of Vitamin, Particular person Science and Culinary, Europe, at The Kraft Heinz Company
- Sophie Niedermaier-Patramani, CEO, Little Tummy
- Dan Parker, CEO, Veg Vitality
- Declan O’Brien, Director General, British Specialist Vitamin Association (BSNA)
- Mark Golder, Managing Director, Organix
Register for our session on Toddler & Childhood nutrition HERE.
FoodNavigator will learn about this and more across our FREE four-day broadcast match.
Arranged around eight wholesome food pillars, FoodNavigator can be joined by a host of substitute leaders to chat about:
- Plant-Primarily based mostly
- Wellness Substances
- Healthy Rising old
- Pure & Tidy Sign
- Allergens and Free-From
- Toddler and Childhood Vitamin
- Reformulation & Fortification
- Healthy Snacking
Now not accessible on 22 March? Form not terror, when you happen to register now you would possibly well perhaps well access our notify material on-request after the stay match.