The Inexperienced Bay Packers appear on the verge of ending a alternate for Houston Texans wide receiver Randall Cobb, which would reunite the veteran Packers pass-catcher with quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Inexperienced Bay.
The push for Cobb has Rodgers’ fingerprints all over it. With out his insistence, right here’s no longer a alternate the Packers would otherwise withhold in mind.
Listed below are the professionals and cons of the Packers procuring and selling for Cobb:
– Aaron Rodgers wants Cobb, and the Packers want to bag all the things principal to create the MVP quarterback as contented as doable for the 2021 season. Cobb is one among Rodgers’ closest associates.
– Rodgers doesn’t believe time to wait round for third-round discover Amari Rodgers to alter true into a succesful or honest player. This may well be his last season in Inexperienced Bay and last chance to use a title with the Packers. Rodgers knows Cobb can play. There is a high stage of belief between the two players. It’s easy to see why Rodgers wants Cobb on his aspect for one last jog in 2021.
– On paper, Cobb became an efficient player over the last two years with the Cowboys and Texans. He caught 71 percent of his targets and averaged 9.7 yards and 13.6 yards per bewitch. These are extremely ambiance pleasant numbers for a slot receiver.
– Adding Cobb offers one more outmoded pass-catcher and complementary weapon for a top passing offense. He knows guidelines on how to bag commence from the slot, and the Matt LaFleur offense may well attach him in spots to be a playmaker.
– Cobb and Amari Rodgers are end. This pairing would provide an incredible mentorship opportunity between the two for no no longer as a lot as one three hundred and sixty five days. And with Cobb on the team, the Packers may well discover their time developing Rodgers whereas unruffled giving the rookie receiver manufactured touches and getting price from his work as the main returner. Newbies at receiver aren’t at all times ready to contribute correct away.
– The Packers correct dilapidated a third-round discover on Rodgers, a player minimize from the same mold as Cobb. And it’s without a doubt doable the 21-three hundred and sixty five days-worn would provide extra juice to the offense than a battle-feeble outmoded who’s set to turn 31.
– Cobb hasn’t played a elephantine season since the 2015 season. He’s overlooked 18 games to hurt over the last five years, including six games last three hundred and sixty five days. Cobb isn’t yet 31, nevertheless he’s played in 130 profession NFL games. There is a critical risk of hurt right here.
– It’s comely to wonder how powerful Cobb has left, especially as an undersized slot receiver who would be playing the majority of his games commence air with the Packers. He regarded some distance less dynamic for the length of his previous few seasons in Inexperienced Bay as injuries took their toll. Having fun with indoors with the Cowboys and Texans over the last two seasons may well even believe inflated his playmaking skill.
– Cobb goes to fee cash on the cap, even with a re-labored deal. Is the cap space easiest spent on a No. 3 or No. 4 receiver? The Packers may well potentially bag extra price out of that cash. Would Cobb or a player for the defensive entrance – cherish linebacker Okay.J. Wright – succor the Packers extra in 2021?
– The Packers almost never quit resources for aging players. This isn’t a chase the team would create without Rodgers pushing it. Most players, even top quarterbacks, believe unlucky note data in personnel decision-making. Is that this a nostalgic addition desired by the quarterback, or one which’s in the excellent curiosity of the team for 2021 and beyond?
Packers training camp: 12 key players to scrutinize
Survey 12 items